7.21.2011

Brass to Oil Rubbed Bronze Lamp

Hope everyone is having a good summer! Everything has been good here, but busy as usual. Today, I just have a quick before and after to show. When J and I got married and moved in together, he brought with him this brass lamp (picture on left). I must admit that I am to blame for this red lampshade (ick!). This lamp was part of my living and dining room decor for longer than I'd care to mention - I recently changed it, however, as the whole look was too traditional for my taste.

One quarter can of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint ($6/can), a lampshade I already owned, and 10 minutes later, and we have a whole new lamp!!! Check out the before and after below:




Has anyone else used ORB spray paint on a lamp base? What about any other projects? If so, please share - I'd love to see it! 

Photobucket
Did you like this post? If so, please consider joining me on Facebook.

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just love spray paint. It looks great and I love the price tag. I haven't used ORB before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the glorious ORB.... :P I love it! We have a lamp just like that and I want to spray paint it ORB too, but my mom didn't think it'd work... HA MOM! IT WORKS! :D

    Keep up the good work!
    Alyssa {live love craft} sorry I cant comment from my google acc I dunno why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alyssa - Haha! You'll have to let your mom know it does work and that you should try it out soon :) Thanks for your nice comment!

    @Shannon - Thanks! I do love spray paint. I'm all about quick and inexpensive fixes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The after looks great!! I need to hop on the spray paint wagon asap! Soo many possibles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how spray paint can do wonders on already owned items :)
    I'm a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog when you get a chance!
    Coley @
    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!