10.16.2010

Seasonal Decor

Hi everyone! Just thought I would share with you my seasonal table centerpiece. 


Here it is!

What do you think? Should I rearrange anything? This is the first table centerpiece that I have put together, so it was difficult to know where to put everything or know whether I had too much stuff or not enough...? Anyway, I'm fairly happy with it. :) After Thanksgiving, I'm going to move some of these pieces to other parts of the house. For example, the decor balls are going to fill a beautiful silver bowl that we have in our bedroom. 

Did I mention that I got almost every item you see for around $1? The glass hurricanes were from Dollar Tree. I found this awesome idea at 320 Sycamore. It is crazy simple but so genius! You just hot glue a glass vase and clear candlestick holders together. It took probably 5 seconds and cost $2.

I also dressed up the candles with a bit of yarn spun around the base. You could hot glue the yarn to it, if you're going for a permanent candle makeover. I, on the other hand, like temporary makeovers because you never know when I'm going to get bored with this look and want to try something else. Hehe.

As for the decor balls, I have seen a lot of different looks created by DIYers. All of them are fantastic, but I was too impatient to go look up a tutorial, so I just grabbed some yarn and started covering these styrofoam balls, which are 50 cents at Dollar Tree. It's so easy. You just dab a little hot glue onto one end and then start twisting it around like so.


It becomes more difficult the closer you get to the end, so you might have to use some more hot glue. (Be careful! I burned myself a couple of times.)

In the end, though, it will be worth it because you will have this cute little decor ball. :)

I'm linking to these lovely blog parties:
 Frou Frou DecorRemodelaholic FridayCraftomaniac Monday, You're So Very Creative @ Me making Do, Fall Festival @ DIY Show Off



10 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren, thanks for following. I'm loving the yarn! So cute wrapped around the vases and ball. And I love that it was so inexpensive. Great way to decorate for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the center piece. And the decor ball is so pretty and easy, got to try it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower!!....im friends with Lauren @ the elephants trunk...we have been chatting bout these cute hurricanes...ill post mine soon!...im from North Carolina too!!! ;) stop by and see my blog im very new and would love for you to follw me! ;) have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this center piece -- great work!

    If you'd consider having me feature it on my blog, I would love that. It is just gorgeous

    Jenny
    simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I am your newest follower!

    Jenny
    simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're making my mouth water! can't wait for a visit to the fleet nation...and it won't be complete without a baby FBM or a morning trip to the wicked.However, if you want to buy a custom logo click here.
    logo online

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is love, thanks for the share. Wow. Cool post, thanks for the share. Also, visit our website if you are looking to buy amazing products in Pakistan:

    Cheezain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!
    Such a useful and unique post, thanks for the share.

    Law essay help UK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!