9.16.2010

Slipcover inspiration!

Sofa slipcover from Beck's Chic Life

I am so inspired by this slipcover that Rebecca at Beck's Chic Life made. She is a self-proclaimed elementary sewer (yeah right!), which is what sort of gives me hope that I can make a slipcover for my sofa and loveseat. I have had some trouble with my little sewing machine lately {tear, sniff, sniff}, so do you think I could stitch witchery a sofa slipcover? Wait, that's stupid, right? Yeah, I guess it is. Ha ha...I was just kidding...(not).

Here is a before and after of her slipcover. I am so impressed that this is the first slipcover she has made.

Before:

After shot of the back:


You can see more photos on her blog: Beck's Chic Life

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment. My very first follower!!

    Love the slipcover. I'd love to be able to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved her sofa slip too! and her whole office is gorgeous! can't wait to see your's:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by The Pumpkin Patch! You are a girl after my own heart. I love the practical tutorials you have on your blog!

    Oh, and FYI...about 5 years ago I tried doing cushion covers with stich witchery and it didn't go so well. I had to go back and sew them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Sarah! And it's good to know that I should go ahead and toss out the stitch witchery idea. It's better to know now than try it and fail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left you an award on my blog. You have inspired me to be more DIY! thank you!

    http://thebristolproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and useful post, thanks for the share.

    Law Coursework Help

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments!